Wisdom2Action (W2A) is a national knowledge mobilization (KMb) initiative funded by the Government of Canada through the Network of Centres of Excellence Knowledge Mobilization Initiative (NCE-KM). We support researchers, community based organizations, educators, policy makers, and others working to improve the mental health and wellbeing of vulnerable children and youth.
OVER 200 GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS
W2A includes over 200 groups and individuals representing community-based organizations, health care organizations, government agencies, academics, researchers, and more. We support their work by providing them with KMb and evaluation tools, services, and opportunities that are easy to use, accessible, and tailored to their particular needs. We help them capture and share best practices, evaluate and improve programming, strengthen their case for funding, collaborate across sectors, and put what works into action so that they can better support the needs of the young people they serve.
Our Mission is to build a strong, effective, and collaborative youth serving sector that can better respond to the needs of Canada’s most vulnerable young people.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Host participatory knowledge sharing events on issues of national importance that are impacting the lives of vulnerable children and youth.
- Package and mobilize the best and promising practices for improving the lives of vulnerable young people
- Encourage, support, and facilitate collaborations between Wisdom2Action members, including academic partnerships
- Provide tools to our members that help them measure the effectiveness and impact of their work and improve their programming
- Support our members to do their own KMb projects and create an ongoing culture of KMb in the youth serving sector
Wisdom2Action has partnered with three knowledge mobilization organizations working in the child and youth sector in Ontario, Quebec, and Nunavut. The Hubs bring tremendous regional capacity and expertise to help local organizations share and adopt evidence-informed practices. They contribute to our KMb and Evaluation Toolkit and host a KMb Facilitator, funded by W2A, that carriers out the following activities:
- Wisdom2Action event planning
- KMb and evaluation coaching
- Toolkit development
- Measuring the impact of W2A through data collection